Friday, May 28, 2004

Work Interferes With deuddersun's Peaceful, Serene Existance!

How ya doin'? Nope, didn't fall off the edge of de earth, didn't get arrested and as far as I know, nobody's tryin' to whack me, so I ain't been hidin' out!

Work has crashed into my otherwise peaceful, serene existance! Now, many of you who work all the time may be saying, "So fucking what, crybaby, we do it all the time, so suck it up and keep on blogging!" While that may be true, please allow me to elucidate, ahem...

One of the reasons I seem to have so much time to post and torture those of you who have your own sites is because I ususally only work about 6 or 7 months of any given year. Okay, I hear ya, "Poor baby, ain't life tuff!" Nope, not really. To begin with, I love what I do and wouldn't want to do anything-else. It's the hours I work when I do work that eventually catch up to me and kick my poor old ass.

A typical day begins when the alarm goes off at 0300 hours, (for you civies, that's 3 a.m.) Let the dog out, put the coffee on, jump in the shower. Get dressed, drink coffee, let the dog in, hit the road at 0400 hours (4 a.m.). Drive 2 hours to the studio in New York City. Start work at 0630, (6:30 a.m.). Work till 1830 (6:30 p.m., sometimes longer, depending on the urgency), drive 3 hours (heavier traffic, takes longer. Ever seen midtown Manhatten at rush hour?) Arrive back home between 2000-2100 hours, (8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.) Eat, go to bed.

If I'm lucky, I do this 6 days a week.




Before you say, "Holy shit, poor deuddersun!", let me say this. I make a shitload of money for this minor inconvenience and it is this fact that allows me the other 5 or 6 months to play. I guess if I was a greedy bastard or had better stamina I could do this all year. (The fact is, I just burn out after about 6 months.)

So, it's Saturday, I didn't have to work and here I am, semi-trashed (tired, not drunk), and trying to catch up with what's been going on all week. I'll stop whining now and get on with the business of the blog!

deuddersun