Friday, December 08, 2006

Cruel Virgin

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use that word loosely), meet Enemy of the Republic, hostess at Cruel Virgin. I found this thoughtful and sensitive young lady through the comments at Spadoman's.

In her own words:

I study and teach the classics to a bunch of bored undergraduates. I used to teach in the Chicago Public Schools; I'm from there. I don't miss the gig at all, but there is great novel material in those environments. I write fiction, poetry and analytical articles. Right now I am fascinated by the Vietnam War, the Southern Gothic, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Augustine, Dante, Chicago White Sox, the mysteries of God, recovery from the jaws of despair and the end of the world.


When I first started this blog, it was populated mostly by pissed off Veterans, the majority being Marines, like myself. In order to try and see things from the Right's point of view, I linked to some Right-wing blogs that were pretty far out on the fringe. This, I thought, was diversity. I've since realized that I will never see things from the Right's point of view simply because I can't get my head that far up my ass.

Recently I have sought diversification again. I have added other, gentler Veterans who have beaten their demons, yet still carry on the fight to save our great nation, like Spadoman, at Round Circle and still others, non-Veterans, who's sites appealed to me, like Pablo, at Ritmo Latino.

Now, I offer you Enemy of the Republic, at Cruel Virgin.

Enemy of the Republic deals mostly with life's daily issues, like friendship and work and what folks define as wierd. I think you'll enjoy her. Besides, being from Philly she's a homie.

Just two things though...

In spite of the blog's name, the young lady is sensitive, so be kind.

The young lady may have to acclimate herself to our particular style of blogging, though. The knuckle-up, down and dirty, no-holds barred statements of disgust and dismay at the current state of affairs in the United States usually found here and else-where by those of us in The Rogues Gallery.

d.

No comments: