Saturday, January 20, 2007

California Dreamin'


Mamas and Papas Member Dead at 66
By Associated Press
2 hours ago
MISSISSAUGA, Ont. - Denny Doherty, one-quarter of the 1960s folk-rock group the Mamas and the Papas, known for their soaring harmony on hits like 'California Dreamin'' and 'Monday, Monday,' died Friday at 66."




California Dreamin'...but the Dream wouldn't last. Michelle and John divorced, Cass Elliot died of a heart attack at age 31.

Here's how it all began...



Mama Cass had a beautiful voice, strong and clear and I always said she was the real backbone of the group. As beautiful as Michele Phillips is, I always had a thing for Mama Cass. Her voice touched my soul. Every woman is truly beautiful. She proved it. Listen to her.




I spend six to seven months out of the yar away from home, away from my Mags. I never leave her without asking, Each night before you go to bed My Baby, Whisper a Little prayer for me, My Baby...And tell the stars up above...This is dedicated to the one I love...



And Mags always asks me to "Dream A Little Dream Of Me"...



I believe that we all die twice. Once, when our bodies pass, and again, when the last person who remembers us leaves this earth. And so another small piece of my youth has died, but yet lives on, in my cherished memories and the love I have for my Lady.

Goodnight Denny. Give my best to John and Cass.

d.

No comments: