Wednesday, November 05, 2008

VICTORY! For all of us...

I have been writing here since March, 2004, ever since my brother, scroff, and his Lady, Ruthie, (now his wife), brought me to my senses regarding the machinations of the Bush Administration. I actually awoke sometime earlier, when they invited me to post on Activist San Diego, and then, on their website, Any Which Way. Eventually, I came to realize that Bush was a fraud, a liar and a gangster supreme, and so I started this blog, to support John Kerry, a fellow Vet, and to expose the Bush Cartel for the traitors they are. I never believed that Bush was dumb. I always believed that he was shrewd. He played the "Good Ole Boy" like Liberachi played the piano and once I "saw" him, I knew I had to do everything I could to defeat him.

2004 was a major disappointment to those of us in the reality based community. It was a hard slap in the face. We were so sure our fellow Americans could see what was so obvious to us. Bush's re-election was an icy cold dagger through our collective heart. And so it was with renewed resolve and dedication that we set out to save our country from itself. While many on the Always Wrong Right prayed for our failure, it seems God delivered to us a man who could finally help us recover all that was good about America - that man was Barack Obama.

Tonight, Barack Obama is the next President of the United States of America. Yes, he is the first President of African American heritage, and that, in and of itself, is earth shattering and history making. But more importantly, he is a man driven to bring out the best in America, to bring out the best in all Americans, and it is that quality that made him my candidate.

I have blogged for him. I have spoken for him. I have turned away from former friends who could not get over their racial prejudices for him. I have campaigned for him. I have sent him my money, given him my time, invested my future in him - in him and America. Because like him, I love my country and only want the best for it. And he hasn't let me down. And I doubt that he will.

A long time ago, before many of my readers were born, I served my country to the best of my ability. Now I am proud to pass the torch to a man who will also serve his country. A man who will lead the next generation into the 21st Century and re-light the flame of Freedom that for so long was a beacon to the rest of the world.

That man is Barack Obama. My job is finally done.




From one "Boss" to Another...thanks Bruce...you helped put it over the top

Sing along.. I wanna fuckin hear ya in Philadelphia!




I need a rest. Good night and God Bless...

d.

No comments: