Saturday, December 22, 2007

Welcome to...deuddersun's Christmas Extravaganza!!!!


Don't even bother putting her under the tree!
I'll unwrap her myself!


Featuring:
An Allstar lineup of

Dean Martin
Frank Sinatra
Elvis Presley
Bing Crosby
David Bowie
Bono
Luciano Pavarotti
Mariah Carey
John Lennon
Yoko Ono
The Royal Guardsmen
Run DMC
Nat King Cole
George Thorogood & The Delaware Destroyers
Perry Como
Johnny Mathis
The Association
Bill Hayes
&
That Annoying House With Lights Set to Music!


First up isn't a Christmas song, but it is dedicated to my Mags in the Spirit of the Season.

Merry Christmas Baby!


(uh...the picture above???? Just a joke Dear....Ouch!)

The Association




OKAY!

Let's kick it off with those hard rocking boys from Delaware!
Ladies & Gentlemen,

George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers!
(with Hank Carter on sax and John Lee Hooker as Santa!)






Now here's one for the ladies,
Miss Mariah Carey!




Hey! Mag's thinks he's great, uh, Johnny, that is!

Christmas is a tradition with us, and since we're, uh, Children of the '60's, our fondest memories are often of that period of youthful innocence. The next series of performers reflect those cherished memories we hold so dear.

This next performance is dedicated to Sissy and Marge.

We still miss you and love you more than ever!

The King
Elvis Presley!






This next performance is for my Dad. While it isn't a Christmas song, it is one I know he will remember. If you sit there and replay it a couple of hundred times you may begin to realize it's significance here!

Bill Hayes!




The next song is dedicated to Muffin and Mo.

The Smoothest, the Coolest, the One & Only
Dean Martin




This next video brings me back to my teenage years.
It's a bit of fun and while not the original, it's still good.

The Royal Guardsmen!




No Christmas in the '60's or early '70's passed without listening to
the Incomparable
Nat King Cole!




Although it hasn't snowed in Philly yet, I'm still hoping it will by Christmas morn.
I guess
I'm Dreaming Of a White Christmas!

Bing Crosby & Frank Sinatra!




When I was a teenager, you couldn't pay me to listen to these guys, now, well, I just can't seem to get enough. So one more time!

Dean & Frank
Marshmellow World



And in case we forgot, there was always someone to remind us.
Ladies and Gents,
Perry Como



As time wore on, the songs changed, but the Love remained the same.
These guys brought Rap into the mainstream.
A great beat, lyrical magic and a fine sense of humor.

The originals,

Run DMC




It is evident now that Rock & Rap are here to stay. Some of the best Christmas performances combined the old with the new. And the results were truly amazing.

Bing Crosby and David Bowie






Not only did the Old and the New blend together beautifully, the performance below shows how a world renowned Opera Star and a world renowned Rock Star could somehow team up and teach us the meaning of Christmas.

For your listening and viewing pleasure,

Luciano Pavarotti
and
Bono




There was, however, one musical message, that to me at least, seemed to sum it up. It is as relevant today as it was when they made it. I met Yoko Ono in 1985 when I worked on "John & Yoko: A Love Story", for CBS. In spite of all reports to the contrary, I found her to be an amazing woman, full of love. She was kind, gentle and courteous and she believed in what she said.

Listen to her now, with the Light of her life.

John Lennon & Yoko Ono




The next and almost last video is a prime example of what Christmas is NOT about.
Glad I don't live across the street from

The Annoying House with The Lights Set To Music!





Let's all remember that this is a time for love and peace. Perhaps the Most Wonderful Time of 'The Year.

Mr. Johnny Mathis




Last my Friends, is a song I keep dear to my heart, and I hope it is so with you as well.
No matter what may happen,
No matter Where I end up,
Well, I'll let the
Chairman of The Board tell it:

Frank Sinatra


So to all of my friends and loved ones, may you all have a very Merry Christmas, and a safe, happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

(This post may undergo editing up to and including Christmas Day!)

d.

No comments: