This little cardboard Nativity is older than I am. I think my Mother bought it at the 5 & Dime. Funny thing is, Mag's Mom bought the same exact Manger at about the same time, over 50 years ago! What we have today is a combination of the two sets, thus continuing a Tradition that had been observed in both our households.
(Lifted directly from da Mod hisself! Hey I'm lazy!)
Got "tagged" by my buddy Chuck. So here are the rules for you to follow:
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of "Getting to Know Your Friends."
1. Wrapping or gift bags?
2. Real or artificial tree?
Real, well, they used to be. Now we just put up the little artificial one seen to the right of the Manger in the photo above.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Varies. I'm not big on decorations and usually won't do squat until Mag's makes me, lol!
4. When do you take the tree down?
I try to get it done before the 4th of July so I have room for those decorations!
5. Do you like egg nog?
Only if liberaly laced with Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
The Ballad of Davey Crockett and a "coonskin" hat. I don't know if I actually got these for Christmas. I do remember driving my parents crazy with the record, especially on Saturday morning when they were trying to sleep. (See Extravaganza below, For my Dad)
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yep. See the picture above!
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Can't say I ever received a "bad" Christmas gift since every gift was given in love and appreciation. But if pressed, I'd have to say the one Senior Drill Instructor Staff Sargent Caywood gave us Christmas Day back at Parris Island: bends and mothers forever! (Ya gotta be a Jarhead to get that one, lol!)
9. Mail or email Christmas cards?
10. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Miracle On 34th Street, the original
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Don't really have a time, whenever I see something I think someone would like or need. The nieces and nephews throw me off tho, because their parents don't know what they want until Thanksgiving. Then I try to shop for everything online.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Whatever they are serving, lol!
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
14. Favorite Christmas song(s)?
See next post, the Extravaganza!
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Christmas Eve at Mag's Niece Mare's, Christmas Day at her Nephew Jimmie's.
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
No, can you?
17. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel, when we have a real tree.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
Well, I have a tendency to give Mags her presents as I get them, lol, but generally Christmas Day.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Gauche, obnoxious light displays and rampant commercialism.
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color?
21. What do you leave for Santa?
A glass of Johnnie Black, a Bud and a a "bud", lol!
22. Least favorite holiday song?
Grandma Got Runned Over By A Reindeer
23. Favorite ornament?
Huh? See picture below, lol!
24. Family tradition?
Setting up the Nativity in the picture above. Everything else is "freestyle".
25. Ever been to Midnight Mass or late-night Christmas Eve services?
I will be passing this "tag" on to the following blogfriends:
To All and any that wish to participate! Like I said, I'm lazy!