Wednesday, February 07, 2007

There's No bizniz...



(From "Annie Get Your Gun", MGM, 1950, starring Betty Hutton as Calamity Jane and Howard Keel as Frank Butler)

Got the call last night. I start in two weeks. No I don't know what the job is. I do know it's at the Oldest Operating Motion Picture Studio in the world - Kaufman-Astoria, affectionately known as "The Big House". Buster Keaton filmed here. so did the Keystone Cops, Charlie Chaplin and many more greats too numerous to mention.



Gotta tell ya, I'm chomping at the bit. It's not so much a job that I miss, it's the way of life. Almost all of my "real life" friends are in the business and almost all of them live in New York. Between shows I live in Philly with my Mags, so after awhile I really start to miss these mutts. We work hard and play hard. We are the living example of what Gung Ho really means - "work together". We are the best in the world at what we do, motion pictures, and we are extremely proud of that.. It is that pride, in our work, in our product, in ourselves and each other, that makes us so special. We will not be outdone, plain and simple. When you come to New York City to shoot a movie, you are getting the "A" Team for your crew. There is none better anywhere at any price.

So I'll be heading to Brooklyn this weekend to get the apartment ready again and then a week later I'll be heading North. Things are going to get real quiet here at deuddersun's, but you all have each other and I'll be back from time to time to chime in with my two cents.

Time for me to kick the tires and light the fires!

Quiet on the Set, please!!!!!

Rolling!

"Let's go! On with the Show!"



d.

No comments: